Disrupted by Cake and a Peek at My Week
September is a crazy busy month. Not only because it’s the beginning of school.
But also because I’m dumb.
I planned to have both my children exactly 2 years apart – born 10 days away from each other in the same month. Planned it!
I know I had a reason. But I don’t remember why. I have a feeling it had something to do with my job at the time – but jobs change birthdays don’t – so… the only explanation is dumbness.
Anyhoo, a couple of iPhones and birthday cakes later… the birthday celebrations are done.
The birthday cakes were more for me – they could care less.
Luckily my daughter is a little like me so she is willing to let me go a little goofy on the birthday cake for a 21 year old. She loves owls and sprinkles so obviously I had to create a sprinkly owl cake. Probably better suited for a 2-year old – but she enjoyed it.
- decoding, blending, and isolating sounds in short-vowel words
- CVC, CCVC, CVCC – all types of short vowel words so that it meets the needs of all of our kids who are working at Kinder, and early and late first grade level
- directed lessons and independent work
- word work that can be used over a long stretch of time that helps with decoding, reading strategies, sentence building and sensical structure.
- little readers – perfect for guided or shared reading with 1st grade level and lower students and independent practice for higher kids.
The short /i/ part of this pack is a big part of my lesson plans next week.