The Number Love Bandit
Lately – and for the next several weeks – we are working on Operations and Algebra functions; most notedly missing addends and subtrahends. I like working on these concepts with my kiddos. They lend themselves easily to metacognitive thinking. Lightbulb moments flashing off all around. Schema spilling onto assignments and discussions. Fun, fun, fun.
So, with that and Valentine’s Day in mind I made a new Operations & Algebra functions math pack.
I know my kiddos are going to absolutely love it. I just finished laminating it. I’ve still got to cut it all out!
- Make 10 Match – A matching game wherein kids practice addition equations that equal 10. This will assist in memorization and speed of 10 facts. It also includes a worksheet for the entire class to use as practice.
- Number Love Road – A file folder game for students to practice adding 3 digits, encouraging them to initially find facts that equal 10 when posible. This also includes a practice worksheet.
- Lost and Found Addition – An algebra practice addition game. This game has students practice algebraic addition – where they identify missing addends. A practice worksheet is included.
- Missing Link – Another algebra practice game where students play a card game focusing on finding the missing subtrahend of math problems. The practice worksheet has students finding the “missing links” that will bring the little Number Love Bandit back into lock-up. ;D
- Snuggy Buggy Fact Family – A Fact Family Card Game for sums 10 to 17. This game allows students plenty of opportunity to practice larger number math facts. Students identify the missing component in fact families by using the colorful and cute Snuggy Buggy playing cards. Additionally, there are several worksheets that allow students to practice fact families.
- Presidential Podium Facts – In this file folder game, students practice higher-level addition and subtraction as well as algebraic thinking. This file includes several addition and subtraction mats, 6 sets of of number cards and several worksheets for practice and assessment.
- Special Delivery is a file folder game where students practice ordering numbers from greatest to least and least to greatest. This file also includes worksheets for students to practice the skill and/or provide an opportunity for assessment.
- Stars and Stripes Equations is a flag-making project that includes a mini-lesson, all parts to make a flag, corresponding math problems and a “write a math problem” activity.